What causes sleep disorders?
Sleep disorders can be caused by different causes including:
- Allergies & respiratory problems
- Frequent urination
- Stress or anxiety
What are the symptoms one can bear in sleep disorders?
The general symptoms of sleep disorders include:
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Daytime fatigue
- Strong urge to take naps during the day
- Unusual breathing patterns
- Unusual or unpleasant urges to move while falling asleep
- Unusual movement or other experiences while asleep
- Unintentional changes to your sleep/wake schedule
- Irritability or anxiety
- Impaired performance at work or school
- Lack of concentration
- Weight gain
How are sleep disorders treated?
Treatment for sleep problems varies according to the type and underlying cause of the problem. However, it usually entails a mix of medical interventions and lifestyle adjustments.
Going to bed and waking up at the same time each day can help improve the quality of your sleep. While it may be tempting to sleep in on weekends, this might make waking up and falling asleep during the week more challenging.